Social media marketing is the ability to incorporate the various social media websites to your advantage as a marketing communication tool. Sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkIn, YouTube and other sites all of which we will go more in depth on weekly series which will feature the different social media site and the correct ways to use it. The primary uses of social media for marketing purposes is to share content, videos and images all for marketing purposes. It is a great way to connect with your audience, be it connecting with your current customer to see what improvements or new ideas they would like or to gather new customers to grow your audience.
Goals for social media:
- Increase the amount of traffic entering your website
- Develop a higher brand awareness
- Creating a positive? brand identity
- A chance to connect with your audience in a conversation format
All these goals will be easily attained if you stay consistent:
- Make a?plan?and stick to it. Make sure to always brainstorm content ideas that you know your audience will connect with and plan a keyword search so that you can be reach more people.
- Remember in the overcrowded World Wide Web,?Content?is king. Make your content stand out and soar above the rest.
- Make sure you stay?consistent?with your brand image. While all these different media outlets might be unique in their own ways make sure your true identity remains the same.
- Do not be afraid to post?links?from outside sources that may have helped you with great information that you feel your audience will enjoy. Do not overdo it,? most of your content should still be unique and original but this can be a helpful tool and may even get some of your links shared in return.
- Keep your?competitors?close, they can provide valuable data and links that can be very helpful. It can also keep you up to date with new techniques or social media site they may be using.
- Do not ignore the?analytics?this is how you track and determine the success of your social media strategy. It shows you what is working and what you need to improve on or get rid of all together.